Monday, October 8, 2007

Introduction

To Blog or Not to Blog?

I have not yet found the one place where I can find all of the information that I find useful as a parent in Chicago. My hope is that this blog will provide other fellow Chicago parents with relevant information about schools, activities, and other useful stuff. While there are currently sites that provide such things, I often hear from other parents that it takes so much time and energy to find out what's going on around town or what the real scoop is on schools that it's hard to keep up.

I am a transplanted New Yorker (former resident of NYC and small town life upstate). Chicago is a great city in which to raise a family. I have lived here for five years now with two daughters, ages 6 and 2. I live in Chicago, not "Chicagoland." My hope is that this blog will help put information at Chicago parent's fingertips. If not yours, then hopefully mine!

No comments: